Sunday, July 21, 2013

Self Motivation....Let's Get to the Gym & Enjoy it!

I love working out.....now that's not how it's always been.  I've had to train myself to enjoy the act of going to the gym.  It's turned into my escape and the place where I become creative.  I use to dread going to the gym, procrastinate and just go through the motions.  Let me tell you, when I retrained my thoughts, I not only enjoyed working out but my results improved dramatically.  It's amazing how our thoughts truly effect our bodies.

So what did I do to get myself out of the rut?  I made working out fun.  I switched things up.  I started taking spin classes and found the one's with the best music, (for my taste).  I now take spin 2-3 times a week.  I also added Pilates reformer classes which I have fun doing.  When I'm on my "own" at the gym I make sure to have a great playlist to motivate me and I download a new playlist once a month.  When I do my cardio I read, I bought myself a Kindle and become quite addicted to reading books.  Sometimes I'm so into the book that my 45 minute cardio flies!  There are some days when I don't feel like reading, so then I'll rent a movie on iTunes and watch it while I do my cardio.  I also downloaded an app on my phone that allows me to type in my thoughts....when I workout I become creative.

My suggestion to you is figure out what will make your workouts fun.  Whether it's downloading a new playlist or joining a group class, figure it out and do it.  Create a plan that makes you look forward to working out rather then dreading it.  Our minds are incredibly powerful and our self talk has a huge impact on our results.

No comments:

Post a Comment