Saturday, July 27, 2013

DIY Allergy Testing

Yep, you read that right.  I'm so excited to share what I recently learned from a colleague of mine specializing in Naturopathic Medicine.  A few months ago I got the ALCAT Test done, https://www.alcat.com/.  ALCAT is a blood test that measures your sensitivity to foods.  The test is around $1000.  Instead of repeating the test again and again I learned of an alternate way of testing.  Best part?  It's free and DIY.

My ALCAT test results are displayed below.  I can eat all of the foods in green, it's suggested to rotate and rarely eat the foods in yellow and stay away from the orange & red.  Instead of getting retested or eating the food to test my reaction, I now follow the below process to see if my sensitivity has been eliminated.  If not, I'll retest in 3-6 months.

How to:

1.  Scratch your knee
2.  Rub the food over the scratch
3.  No reaction= No Sensitivity

No comments:

Post a Comment