Thursday, January 1, 2015

Thyroid Attack

I can't believe it's been 10 months since my last post.  Over the past year so much has happened!  My thyroid is finally under control with the help of Levothyroxine in addition to Westhroid, who knew?  I was so against bringing in "synthetic" thyroid medication.  I am now on 1 1/2 grains of Westhroid and .025 mg of Levothyroxine.  Guess what?  I've lost weight and feel "normal" again.  We looked at my T3 & T4 levels and my T4 was just a little low, she suggested we try the Levothyroxine and I was feeling so drained I gave in & I'm so glad I did!

In addition my doctor put me on DHEA which has helped in many ways, weight loss, energy, increasing my testosterone and more.  My skin is clear, I'm glowing, (so people say!), and my moods are better than ever.  We started at 5 mg and recently moved up to 10 mg.  I was told if I feel like a raging animal with aggression we'll go back down to 5.

It took me 2 1/2 years to find a good doctor in Dallas.  I still use my Homeopath in Phoenix but I'm so relieved to have someone local as well.  My doctor listens to me and allowed me to change dosages until I felt right rather than only looking at blood levels.

Moral of the story?  Don't give up!  Keep focused on your goal and find a doctor that will work with you and truly listen to how you feel rather than look only at blood work.

No comments:

Post a Comment