Thursday, February 20, 2014

Let's Go Out to Eat!

Today I was working on a plan for a client.  I always offer to do a menu analysis of some restaurants they frequent.  While sending the suggestions I noticed a few tips I seem to consistently make.  

1.  What kid of oil?  Olive or coconut oil are my personal favorites. If a restaurant doesn't use one of these I ask for my item cooked with water.  As far as grill, blackened or baked...eat it how you like just watch the oil.    

2. Sodium this is a big one.  It's all over.  In the spices, all over chicken, fish and almost everything.  Simply ask the server when ordering to keep the salt off your food.  If you forget, drink some water with lemon to help flush the sodium out.   

3. Are the vegetables fresh or canned?  It makes a difference.  Canned vegetables have chemicals and are very high in sodium.  

5. Are you dairy and gluten free?  Dairy is found in creams and sauces.  Anything containing butter is considered dairy.  I recommend all my clients go dairy free, at least initially.  When we test dairy I recommend organic dairy.  Gluten is found in a majority of sauces and dressings.  Save the photo below to reference.  

Prepare yourself if possible.  Check out the menu online or ask me.  






No comments:

Post a Comment