Sunday, August 25, 2013

My Journey

In September of 2008 I gained 30 lbs in one month.  I had ZERO energy, my face was puffy, I was depressed and I felt like I was in a complete daze.  I had no idea what was going on.  I worked out and ate healthy.  Alone, upset, frustrated, confused, bloated, fat and at some points, suicidal.  .  I felt horrible, every negative adjective you can think of I felt it.  I tried every diet, went to several doctors and it seemed like nobody could help me.  Aren’t doctors supposed to help you when you’re feeling sick?  Instead I was diagnosed with IBS and depression.  The pills I was prescribed did nothing for me.  I was still fat and depressed.  After numerous doctor's appointments and a move across the country I was finally diagnosed in April of 2009 with hypothyroidism.  What an amazing feeling to receive validation.  Someone finally listened to me and I was diagnosed with something that made sense.  I was put on Westhroid within a week I was beginning to feel better.  My dosage was soon at the top possible.  Now what?  I didn’t want to soley rely on medication to be healthy.  So I began to explore other options.  I started going to a Holistic Practitioner that suggested a dairy and gluten free diet.  I thought "What?  Gluten is a fad diet."  I followed his instructions anyway, at this point I was desperate to try anything.  It worked, so I continued to listen to him as he suggested supplements such as probiotics and a few more diet tweaks.  

The obvious/one word answer reason is passion.  I have been active most of my life.  Beginning with gymnastics and dance in my elementary through high school days.  I started working out in the gym during college.  I did it initially because I started to subscribe to magazines and they suggested to read a magazine while on the treadmill.  I started to get curious about the various equipment and classes and became completely addicted. At first I went to the gym to read, eventually I began to love the feeling after an amazing workout.  It's a feeling of accomplishment and gives me incredible energy to continue my day.  I wanted everyone to feel like me, so I started getting my friends to join me at the gym.  


Then the reading began.  Besides my magazine addiction I have an unquenchable desire to learn everything about the body and how it works.  I have read medical textbooks & journals and completed my personal training certification.  There are so many incredible message and support groups that have guided me to find the answers.  I have spent thousands of dollars and many hours doing research.  I completed the ALCAT, (www.ALCAT.com), test which measures the level of sensitivity to 200 foods. 
There are so many diets out there, and I may have tried them all.  I’ve tried food rotation and the inflammation diets, Paleo, the Autoimmune Paleo diet as well as the raw vegan lifestyle.  I’ve read books written by Dr K’s, (http://thyroidbook.com/blog/) and Dr Junger , (http://www.cleanprogram.com/). 

I’ve realized that food rotation is essential and sometimes my body just doesn’t like something that is considered “healthy”.  For example when I eat tomatoes my fingers get swollen, too much rice and my thighs blow up.  If I drink dairy the next day I start having breakouts.  We are all unique in our food sensitivities, I don’t believe there is a one size fits all diet or fitness program for anyone.  From all of this I have created an extremely strong mind body connection.  I now have a mixed diet from all of my knowledge to what works with MY body.  So now I am able to show others the way. 

I love what I do now, I help others feel better.  I am able to help others feel better whether they have a health issue or simply want to live a clean lifestyle.  I have my energy back and the best feeling is having a client call me and the sound in their voice and energy knowing they feel better and I was able to guide them in the right direction.  Honestly, weight loss is a wonderful secondary factor to changing your diet there are so many other amazing things that follow suit.  Besides increased energy I am complimented on my glow.  It’s not the moisturizers I use, it’s the food I eat. 

I don't want anyone to feel the way I have felt. Helpless, frustrated and alone….and that is how Love Body Mind & Soul began.


2 comments:

  1. I really need to pay attention to you more often! Thank you for sharing your life with others I really should look into my diet more maybe I can get the same results.

    ReplyDelete